We have created a campaign on Change.org to petition against the US Hedge Fund attack.
This campaign calls on all supporters of co-operative values and principles worldwide to petition the UK Government and US hedge funds to ensure that member-control of the Co-operative Bank is quickly restored, and that co-operative values and principles are observed in its governance and management.
By signing this petition, you will generate letters to Vince Cable (Department of Business), Companies House, Financial Conduct Authority, Prudential Regulation Authority and the financial institutions that are undermining co-operative values and principles in the birthplace of the co‑operative movement.
Our next workshop, on 7 to 9 September 2013, will be run by our Indonesia based consultant Romy Cahyadi.
Social Enterprise Europe are working in partnership with the British Council to deliver training in Social Enterpreneurship.
Romy will tackle the important issue of how can NGOs learn from the good practice of social enterprise.
Romy will be joined by Dr Rory Ridley-Duff. Rory is the Course leader for MSc Co-operative and Social Enterprise Management at Sheffield Business School and is a UnLtd/HEFCE Ambassador for Social Enterprise.
Rory will deliver a seminar on Introducing Social Entrepreneurship and the Social Economy.
For more information click to see the British Council Website
We would like to thank the Cooperative Hub for allowing us to provide practical support to a number of social enterprises in Yorkshire and the North East of England.
The Enterprise Hub gives both grants and loan assistance;
- Up to £5,000.
- Only considered in conjunction with a loan application.
- Grant recipients must have received advice and training through the Enterprise Hub.
- Unsecured loans through the Co-operative Loan Fund.
- Loans can range from £5,000 to £75,000.
- Low interest rates.
- Repaid over ten years.
- Loans are available for co-operatives that require finance to:
- Set up a new enterprise.
- Expand an existing enterprise.
- Assist employee buyouts or company successions.
- Purchase a property or business.
- Purchase capital equipment or create working capital.
See more about the Co-operative Enterprise Hub by clicking here